Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Freezer is cold. By Emily=)

Well I can say that it's very cold over here and I will never ever complain about another winter's day at Carroll College when it is 3 degrees. After experiencing absolute extremes (-27) I can say the people in Australia do not know what cold is. Maybe in places like Tassie, it could get down past zero but definately not in the Eurobodalla Shire. Though I am content to lie on a beach for several hours sunbaking and then suffer in the effects of sunburn but here you can get SNOWBURN!!!!!=O Isn't it amazing? The sun reflects of the snow and burns your skin. Also you can get snowblind because of the glare. I can't be outside for more than five minutes without getting sore eyes. When I ski I have to wear proper ski goggles because otehrwise you can go blind.

I like it the best when it snows because it is so pretty. The town looks like a christmas card. You know those old fashioned santa's workshops with snow everywhere. They look like that. Especially in Quebec in the quaint old streets with the original buildings.

Quebec. how can I begin to explain. It is a romantic, picturesque city on St Lawrence's River. The city is walled and still holds most of its original buildings. The Chateau De Frontenac was amazing. It was so big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe that the structure could have been built when it did. Especially considering when it was built, technology was not as advanced. It was built in 1893.
I liked Quebec. It was cold but cool...

Niagara Falls was great too! The falls were huge. I'm only fifteen and I've already been to Vanautu, Fiji, America and Canada. Niagara Falls was breathtaking and so big that it didn't even fit in a whole photo!!!!

So whats next for me????? Well we are going skiing at Calaboogie!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!I love skiing. I really like it cos I can do it and do it well. Not being modest or anything but it is so fun just to bomb down the slope but its cold when your hood falls off.

LOL

Anyway this is Emily writing stuff that you already know and have read.
I'm living in the freezer.
Out me back into the refrigerator! Its much warmer!

Bye bye for now
Tata au revouir, See you then

OOH! Btw, we got cable and we are enjoying watching shows

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is definately the best blog posted so far!

M said...

Yes I agree...It should be published into a book

David said...

hmmmm...using 'romantic' in such a wonderful piece of prose? I don't know Mr. and Mrs. Carter, but I think your little girl is growing up!

merchant cash advance said...

I get chill with your words.