Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Halifax Nova Scotia

Day 26: 5.08.09
Today we faced yet another relatively long day in the car and thus it wasn’t easy to drag ourselves out of bed and pack the van (yet again).Camper vans are a step up from camping and yet I must admit to feeling slight tangs of envy when I see RV’s and large caravans pull into a site and simply park. No set up and no pack up: just put the key in the ignition and drive away! Nevertheless we soldier on – we are driving to Halifax, the capital city of Nova Scotia and John is anxious to get as many kilometres under his belt before lunch time.
The trip down was reasonably uneventful. We basically had to retrace our steps as far as New Glasgow. Somewhere on route our vehicle clocked up its 5000th kilometre for this holiday – no mean feat but we have many more yet to do. We soon located Shubie Camp Ground, set up and set off to locate food. Emily is keen to experience a little retail therapy so we spent some time checking out the location of some of the biggest malls in Halifax.
The other point of note that happened today was that I was contacted by a producer from CBC based in Cornerbrook, NL. They had noted some of my comments on my blog and subsequently contacted me about the quality of service from the ship company, Marine Atlantic. As a consequence, we had to pull over during our drive today so that I could be interviewed for a radio segment! This was an interesting experience in itself! I am looking forward to hearing the broadcast at some point.

No comments: