Sunday, January 11, 2009

Toboganning at Fort Henry




Yesterday our neighbour took us toboganning at Fort Henry in Kingston. We had lots of fun skidding down the slope until our extremities began to freeze. Did I mention it was - 15 at the time? Well, I'm afraid, the Aldi mittins just didn't cut it so it was off to the shops for some better quality gear for the kids. Unforntunately, I discovered our mastercard was blocked when I got to the checkout. Apparantly, unusual activity was registered (we bought a car and transferred amounts of cash to another account in Canada) and in their wisdom, we can't access our account. Because it is Sunday in Australia, we cant access their "24 hour card hotline" to rectify the situation. Believe me, being in another country with no access to card or cash is not a comfortable situation. Hopefully, we can resolve this today.